2019 was an amazingly busy year for the real estate market on the Bruce Peninsula! Tobermory to Wiarton was unbelievable!
Our agents and clients visited beautiful homes, cottages, farms, land and commercial opportunities. Most importantly, we saw many dreams come true!
Are you looking to build a new home or cottage, buy your retirement home, add an investment property to your real estate portfolio, or find your dream cottage to spend your summers?
Maybe you are looking to downsize, or relocate?
The Bruce Peninsula Real Estate Team is here to help you! Selling the Bruce is what we do!
We want you to be informed about our local market.
Is now a good time to sell for you? – Take a look at our Are You Fit to Sell article.
What options are available for you as a buyer? – Review our MLS Listings and contact our team to get started!
Call the local experts, with over 30 years of Real Estate experience, and having served & given back to our community for over 10 years!
Meet our Team!
519-596-2255 or 519-477-9713
2019 Market Recap
* All statistics are for North & South Bruce Peninsula, from January 1st to December 31st 2019.
Residential MLS Sales
- The Bruce Peninsula saw 334 residential units sold in 2019. Of those, 102 sales were waterfront, and 232 non-waterfront.
- On average, waterfront residential units sold for $510,568, at almost 95% of list price. We saw a decrease of the average days on the market for waterfront properties, from 77 in 2018 to 69 in 2019.
- Currently, there are only 25 waterfront properties available on the Bruce Peninsula. Waterfront inventory is low, and buyers are looking to be ready for the summer!
- The high-end market took a slow start in the first few months of 2019, rebounding with a total of 66 sales over $500,000 on the Peninsula!
- Sales of non-waterfront residential units totalled 232 in 2019, with an average sale price of $320,093 (up over $32,900 from 2018!). The average days on the market in 2019 for non-waterfront homes/cottages was 73, with a sale price ratio of 94% of listing price.
Vacant Land MLS Sales
- In 2019, 170 vacant properties sold on the beautiful Bruce Peninsula.
- Inventory of waterfront vacant land was low, with 37 units sold (down from 54 in 2018). The average sale price held steady at $181,964 with a strong sale to list price ratio of 95%. The average days on the market also decreased to 134 from the previous year.
- Non-waterfront land on the Bruce Peninsula was popular this past year, with 133 MLS sales. The average sale price of vacant land was up from 2018, with the 2019 average being $67,106.
- We also saw a drastic decrease of days on the market for non-waterfront vacant land, down from 142 (2018) to 78 days on average in 2019!
- With the 2019 election, unknowns surrounding US markets and interest rates, we saw hesitation in the beginning of 2019. However, with low inventory, the Bruce Peninsula continued to see average sale prices rising and the average days on the market for properties decreasing.
- We are excited to see what 2020 brings!
If you are wondering about your specific community, give us a call!
Interested in knowing more about farms or commercial sales? Let’s Talk!
This farm was just SOLD!
Give the Bruce Peninsula Real Estate Team a call!
We offer FREE MARKET EVALUATIONS for the purpose of selling.